Dr. Hornbrook shows you how to increase your patient’s comfort by effectively using single tooth anesthesia with the STA WAND in Part 3 of the “Practice Enhancer Video Series”!
Learn More about the Wand: thewand.com
What are the advantages?
- *Looks non-threatening and almost cute.
- •Researchers have found that the Wand induces less anxiety than any other injection method (Kudo et al, 2001).
- •The precise control of flow rate and pressure reliably produces a comfortable injection even in potentially more “difficult” areas like the palate, where the tissue is less elastic.
- •Many dentists enjoy the light weight and easy handling. The penlike grasp allows the operator to rotate the handpiece, which can make it easier to glide the needle into the tissue.
- •Two “fancy” injection techniques (the AMSA and P-ASA, for the nerds among you) are much more comfortable and effective when the Wand is used.